FASTag is a new system introduced for making payment in Tollgates. It will be mandatory for paying Toll payments through FASTag soon. Initially Government of India had fixed 15-12-2019 as last date for making all the lanes of Toll Plazas into FASTag lane. But now it has been deferred. The major FASTag FAQ for Member Banks are given below.
What is National Electronic Toll Collection Program (NETC)?
National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) system enables the customer to make the electronic payment at continue reading …
Why was National Electronic Toll Collection Program Launched?
National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program has been launched by NPCI, NHAI & IHMCL to automate toll collection to ease out traffic woes and create an efficient and interoperable system on a national scale covering all toll plazas. Currently we cover 390+ National Toll Highway Plazas and 7 State Toll Plazas.
What are the main objectives of NETC?
The main objective of NETC Program is to evolve the NETC ecosystem into a four party scalable model (i.e. Issuer, Acquirer, NPCI and Toll Plaza Operator). It provides an opportunity to evolve a simple and robust framework which is secure, reliable and interoperable across the country.
To serve the sub-goal of Government of India with continue reading …
What is FASTag?
FASTag is a perfect solution for a hassle-free trip on national highways continue reading ….
What are the benefits of FASTag?
- Cashless payment – FASTag users don’t need to carry cash for toll transactions, and don’t need to worry about collecting the exact change
- Promotional cashback – All FASTag users will get a monthly cashback of 5% on toll transactions in FY 2018-19.
- Faster transit – Auto-debit of exact amount through the FASTag enables faster transit through the toll plazas and saves time
- Online recharge – FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT/ RTGS or Net Banking SMS alerts – Instant
- SMS alerts on registered mobile number for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
What is the Validity of FASTag?
FASTag has unlimited validity. The same FASTag can be used till the tag can be read by the reader and not tampered with. In case the reading quality depreciates due to wear and tear, customer can reach out to their Issuing Bank for a replacement.
Is FASTag compulsory and limited to any particular kind / category of vehicle?
Adopting FASTag for toll payments is voluntary at this stage of the program. However, it may be made mandatory in future at some locations. FASTag is applicable for all categories, kinds, makes and types of vehicles.
What are the charges for FASTag?
FASTag is issued by Issuing Banks and banks charges a fixed deposit and recharge value threshold limit as per their internal policy. Please check the ‘Fees and Charges’ section of the respective Issuer Bank website for details.
Who are the Member Banks live on FASTag?
Please refer to the NETC live member bank section on the NPCI website.
Which are the roads where FASTags can be used?
FASTag is presently operational at 600+ toll plazas across National Highways. The system is inter-operable and the same FASTag can be used across all toll plazas under the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) program. More toll plazas will be brought under the NETC program in the future. You may see the list of plazas in the ‘Active Toll Plazas’ section. Please visit www.ihmcl.com for detailed information.
Is there any discount/ cashback on Toll Payments using FASTag?
Currently the cashback scheme is only available on National Highway Toll Plazas as below:
- Cashback of 5% on all toll payments using FASTag in FY 2018-19.
- Cashback of 2.5% on all toll payments using FASTag in FY 2019-20.
- The cash back amount will be credited back in the tag linked account on a monthly basis.
Can a member join only as an Issuer/an Acquirer or both?
Member can either join as an Issuer or an Acquirer and can also join as both Acquirer and Issuer.
What are steps involved to onboard a new member into the NETC Program?
- Onboarding new member bank has to have an RTGS account with RBI.
- Registration in NETC System
- Sandbox testing
- UAT Testing – NETC & EGCS
- Production Movement